Sunday 10 October 2010

CCC #16 - Wrinkle-free Distress!

Having spent last weekend on a crop selling lots of stock and giving a 2-hour workshop on techniques using Distress Inks, I'd be kicking myself if I didn't get something in for this week's CCC - The challenge is hosted by the lovely Linda at Studio L3 so if you don't know what I'm rattling on about hurry over there to find out.
My entry is another page in my technique's sampler book: I did the background in the workshop last weekend and just finished it off today:

Wrinkle-free Distress with Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap and Stormy Sky (if memory serves me right); Tim Holtz 'Flights of Fancy' stamps with Sepia Archival ink; Glossy Accents; Prima flower; gems. The little wierd crown I made reminded me of King Julian in the film Madagascar, which made me giggle: I like to move it, move it...
I currently have 2 more of these pages in progress plus 3 scrapbook pages, 4 mini-albums and 2 other projects in varying stages of 'work in progress': I'm hoping to blog lots as I get these finished. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour, Karen! You've been a very busy lady, and I'm so happy you were able to find time to do the CCC!

    Your page is stunning! What gorgeous colors, and a beautiful ink pattern-- and the little King of Birds is adorable! The Glossy Accents is a great touch; I love the shine and dimension it gives.

    I can't wait to see what you do with those pages in progress!

    ReplyDelete