Monday 14 June 2010

For the home - Memo board

The PaperPlay challenge #10-23 'Home' and 'Spoon Full of Sugar' challenge 'Floral delights' spurred me to get this memo board finished that I started a week or so ago. My grand plan is to make things for my still-being-converted craft space and it was love at first sight with the GCD Studios 'Homespun Chic' papers so this board matches the tin I covered last month.
I started the board at the Tourc'h craft group. For scale, the recycled cardboard base is about A4 size (approx 8 x 11.5"). I gave it a thin coat of white acrylic and then layered the papers making sure there was good support behind the notepad so the brads holding the ribbons wouldn't rip through. All the papers, including the bird, are the same GCD papers and I love the different textures - flocked, glittered, laminated - found in there. I just added the die-cut flourishes and the Doodlebug sticker letters which I bordered with a Whispers green pen to make them stand out better. I made the 3D flower in the same style as the one on my card here (tuto en français) and cut and shaped the leaves by hand.  Now we've just got to get the room finished....  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Karen, fab... I love it. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is beautiful, Karen. I can just see it hanging in a lovely country kitchen.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm new. Nice forum. Just found it on Google. tks 4 the Brilliant community we have here :)

    ReplyDelete