Wednesday 7 October 2009

Step card - Beach scene

The Daring Cardmakers' challenge this week is 'folding up' which prompted me to get another step card done that has been in my head for ages. Although I wish the lighthouse was more to one side or other, I like how it has turned out: I think it has more of a 3D scene than the others I have made although I am now working on a winter scene too! If you want to see my other step cards (all very different), just click on the label 'Step card' at the bottom of this post and it will show them together :)
Le challenge chez 'Daring Cardmakers' est pour plier votre carte/papier/autre. Alors, J'ai fait encore une carte en forme d'escalier avec une scène de la plage. J'ai fait le coloriage avec les encres Distress, mon pinceau aquarelle et un coquillage du Finistère!
I started with a Dovecraft square card blank and folded the back in half and the front in to four and then used U-mount Create-a-scene Beach; masked and stamped with Versafine (grass, birds, some sand layers & boat attached separately); coloured with Distress inks; shell from local beach!

4 comments:

  1. wow Karen, this looks wonderful - thanks so much for sharing it with The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - its fantastic. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how fantastic is your card! I absolutely adore beach scenes and this is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete