Thursday 12 February 2009

Friday Sketchers & Kimmie's challenge #6

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing Kimmie's challenges this week and combined the last one - to make a card with a boy or girl plus flowers - with the Friday Sketchers layout #38
I coloured Tilda with Whispers pens and used 'icicle' Twinkling H2O to add sparkle to the daisies and used the Nestabilities classic and scalloped circles to cut the mats. I used the middle frame from the Spellbinders Frameabilities that I cut the other day for the right-hand mat, embossed with the Cuttlebug, and used the centre bit from the frame for the sentiment tab at the bottom (nothing gets wasted!). The French-looking script is actually W H Smith (a very British chain of newsagents in the UK) rub-on lettering! Don't know about the other paper and card but the daisy paper is from PaperMania Creative Tones Olivine Essence pack.
Inside I just used ordinary printer paper and punched a flower in the bottom corner, inked this with Colorbox fluid chalk Iced Jade direct to paper and dabbed my paintbrush into yellow Brilliance and painted on a hint of that too, added a tiny Prima and a dab of 3D pearl paint. I stuck this back down, turned so that the punched hole also shows through.

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely, Karen! So soft and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love the colors!!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi karen
    what a pretty card lovely colours and lovely layout
    gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen. Love the bright, spring colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Tilda with the bouquet of flowers and you made a lovely card with her. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete