Thursday 13 November 2008

Floral Calendar

Here's a little experiment: a 'quick' calendar! Unfortunately, even using Publisher to create the calendar, converting it to French and formatting it to fit my punch took ages. However, now I have it saved I know I can reproduce it quickly and easily. I used the flowers from Making Cards magazine Special (which I have as an online purchase) as the focal points and just mixed and matched papers and inks to suit. Happy accident: Quite a few of the backing bits are from accidentally printing the pages on economy setting so waste not! I need to find some jump rings from my stash though as these binding rings are too big. I shall probably now make more in a similar way and use the Bind-It-All to wire-bind: I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place! Incidentally, the ribbon holds it shut and also, if tied the opposite way, stops the open covers sliding apart and allows you to choose the angle you have the pages at: Worth including if you want to make something similar!

Voici mon calendrier « rapide » ! Malheureusement, à trouver un bien model pour mon perforatrice à couper a pris des âges. Cependant, maintenant je l'ai sauvegarde, je peux le reproduire rapidement et facilement. J'ai employé les images fleurées du ’Making Cards Floral Special’ (que j'ai acheté en ligne) comme les points focaux. Credits: Making Cards Magazine Floral Special; Papermania and K&Co papers; 7 Gypsies Binding Rings; SeeDs stamps; Dovecraft mega-size scalloped rectangle punch; Inks: Brilliance gold, Colorbox Q chalk 'Misty Meadow' and Distress 'marmalade'; prima and other paper flowers; Sakura glaze pens; Dylon 3D pearly paint; other papers, coaster covers, ribbon, etc from stash/unknown make.

9 comments:

  1. nice calendars... i wish i had one.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous calendars Karen, so pretty :)

    Thanks for linking my candy :) Good Luck!!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible calendar!! You did a fantastic job on it!! So beautiful. Will make an awesome Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Karen!! Well worth your hard work xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea Karen and you have a lot more patience than I ! ! ! I would of given up ages ago if it didn't work 1st time !

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow its stunning hun, huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous calendar!!! Love all of the different flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh karen this calender is amazing work!! ~what an ideal gift
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete