Wednesday 17 September 2008

Daring Cardmakers Quote Challenge

This week's DC challenge was to use the quote
"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
Henry Van Dyke
on or in your card somewhere: I went for up front and obvious! Actually was going to use the Cuttlebug Bird Call embossing folder until I fell over this Stamping Up stamp and realised the cockerel had music behind him. Made the rest up as I went along!

Ma carte pour le challenge de Daring Cardmakers : à utiliser le quotation. I used / J'ai utilisé : Stamping Up 'Provençal', Cuttlebug 'Allegro', Distress Inks.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how you tied the theme of music in through out the card!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karen, loving the cockerel stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what a gorgeous card. Love the images used. The colors are wonderful! Great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen - love that little cockerel - though not sure I'd appreciate his talent for singing if it was outside my window too early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the way you have used the quote with that cockrel image and the music. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I to have comment moderation turned on so as I will always see any comments that have been left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Karen - I love that cockerel stamp!

    ReplyDelete