Tuesday 4 March 2008

I've been tagged...

I've been tagged by Gia and thoroughly enjoyed reading her responses:
1. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
I was a senior teacher in a secondary school in UK. Young, free and single. Very active and travelling lots.
I can't believe how much life has changed since then!

2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 1 YEAR AGO?
Getting used to life living in France with my husband and son, spending the average day renovating the house and trying to grow our own veg.

3. NAME YOUR 5 FAVOURITE SNACKS
I very rarely eat between meals (halo glowing) but can't beat a nice bit of hot buttered toast, couple of biscuits, piece of cake, chocolate or, on the beach, ice cream !

4. NAME 5 THINGS YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE
Buy a big house in the area where we live with a large, fully-kitted-out craft room.
Make sure family and close friends were financially secure and enable them to visit when they liked: We don't see them as often as we'd like since we moved to France.
Have new cars rather than the on-the-last legs one I've got (think husband would keep his fiat coupe and he'd probably start a collection)
Travel regularly especailly to places I've not been yet.
Do anything money could do to cure my neice of Leukaemia and help the other kids treated by Birmingham Children's hospital.

5. NAME 5 THINGS YOU LIKE DOING
Crafting!
Visiting family and friends, and I love having them visit us.
Travelling
Seeing seeds that I've sown starting to grow - Amazing !
Being snuggled with my husband and/or son watching a LOL film or programme.

6. NAME 5 THINGS YOU WOULD NEVER WEAR AGAIN
White shoes (with Gia on that one)
Tight dresses that show off all your curves - I need to choose which ones to show off these days!
Long dangly earrings - I shudder at some that I used to wear
High stillettos - My ankles can't take them any more.
Leggings - for the same reason as the dresses!

7. NAME YOUR 5 FAVOURITE TOYS!
My new Cuttlebug (with Gia on that one too)
The computer
Our kayak
Lego - My son never had a choice in having lots of it. My addiction started in childhood.
"Mitternachtsparty":
A ravensburger game I bought after playing it in Germany 12 years ago: Still love it esp when the ghost moves round and we all go "Whooooooo" in true ghost style!

Now I need to tag 5 other people -
Gill
Sandra
Lydia
Louise
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, you won my PIF so could you e-mail me with your name and address (e-mail is in my profile) so I can send something off to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I came across your blog on a blog search for Leukaemia. I run Quilts 4 Leukaemia (see profile) and would like to make a quilt for your niece. If her parents are agreeable, could you let me know how old she is and how long she has been suffering.

    Hope to hear back from you.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete