Monday 10 March 2008

Funky Fairy Challenge 11

This weeks challenge, set by Sharon, is as follows:
In with the OLD
Out with the new
Create an Item
That's just for YOU
Go through your stash
That you've had packed away
And fetch out those Goodies
To have a little play! :)

Well first of all I had a rummage through the stamps I haven't used in a long time and made this card:
The stamp (by Stampin up) is very versatile because it comes with a separate basket and things to go in it so I have Christmas, crafting, and other goodies to go in the basket but they are a nightmare to line up as they are not clear stamps and also I like to get some 3D feel between the things in the basket and the things hanging over the basket but they are on the same stamp. So, this was a fiddly stamping on different scraps of Funky Fairy papers and a bit of brown paper and layering them, cutting little slots for the eggs to fit in etc. Image layered on scrap of green card and FF 'Meadow' paper. Needless to say, stamps are now back in the drawer!
Next decided to do something that is just for me, as it says in the rhyme:I've just started a course to improve my french so I went wild on my very boring blue plastic folder. I had a nice afternoon playing with this without really knowing how it was going to turn out. I used Brilliance Moonlight White with the FF flower stamps: Did the back first and heat set that and, as that didn't smudge and the folder didn't melt, I was brave and did the front and embossed it as well. Then painted with acrylics and added a papier maché slider covered with squared paper from FF 'Cool co-ordinates' and my name in coloured peel-offs on DCWV adhesive ribbon.
Made the spine match my box files with FF 'Do ya Doodle' paper. Hope it will be robust enough to last the course. Not sure if I over did the painting but I think it is better than the boring file I started with.

9 comments:

  1. Love the folder! Great stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your folder looks well cool - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely folder - I was suprised by reading that you heated it... Ok, it went out good... ;o)
    Whishing you so much fun in your french lessons, with this folder it will be fun for sure !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the folder...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card. that folder is awesome!

    Richelle SBS 13

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow its great, huggs jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that folder is so cool ~ love the colours you have used on the folder and your stamped card!!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete