Tuesday 8 January 2008

Funky Fairy Challenge 2/2008 & Daring Cardmakers

Hey, look and it's only Tuesday! One of my resolutions was to be quicker at getting the challenges done!
This week's Monday challenge was to create a card from a sketch which can be seen here.
Tougher than it looks! And sorry for the dreadful photo: Card looks a lot better than it appears here. It is using Funky Fairy 'Funky Birthday' kit with one pattern printed directly to the card and the card edges chalked round, strips of another patterned paper put through my new cuttlebug and chalked and a good dose of glitter given to everything!

Another resolution was to join in more challenges and it helps that this fits with the new Daring Cardmakers challenge of using crafty christmas presents as Santa bought me a cuttlebug, which I love. Only want it for embossing and the odd thing my craft robo won't cut but, while I am waiting for more embossing folders, I used a square repeatedly at an angle to get the streamers effect on this card.

9 comments:

  1. hey x well done love the pastel type look x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Love how you've changed the design to a birthday one - me thinks I might have to plagerise this idea ! ! ! ! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, lovely paper!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Enjoy using your Cuttlebug

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant pressie - I wouldn't be without mine! I keep forgetting it cuts as I'm too busy embossing. New folders hit the UK next month too! Gorgeous card btw! Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours ,pretty card ,
    i must get mine done ,Dawnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - love the fresh colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, clever idea for the streamers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card.:) Enjoy your cuttlebug!
    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete